This plugin inserts a checkbox into the comment form for users who don’t have a Gravatar (based on the e-mail they typed in). If they check the box and submit their comment, it will initiate the first step of signing up for Gravatar, on their behalf. They’ll receive an e-mail directly from Gravatar and will have to follow the instructions there to complete the process.
Latest version: Download Gravatar Signup v2.0.1 [zip]
This plugin has been downloaded 15811 times.
- Upload the
gravatar-signupfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Verify that your comment form has the
comment_formhook installed by inspecting
comments.phpin your theme’s directory
Q. What if my site requires registration for comments?
A. It should still work, pulling the e-mail address from that user’s profile.
- Oops! Forgot to commit the jquery md5 plugin with 2.0
- Support the new Gravatar signup form
- Check via JS whether the currently typed email has a Gravatar
- Massive code rewrite