This plugin allows you to compose content in Markdown on a per-item basis. The markdown version is stored separately (in the
post_content_formatted column), so you can deactivate this plugin and your posts won’t spew out Markdown, because HTML is stored in the
post_content, just like normal. This is also much faster than doing on-the-fly Markdown conversion on every page load. It’s only done once! When you re-edit the post, the markdown version is swapped into the editor for you to edit. If something external updates the post content, you’ll lose the Markdown version.
Latest version: Download Markdown on Save v1.2.1 [zip]
This plugin has been downloaded 7407 times.
markdown-on-savefolder to your
Activate the “Markdown On Save” plugin in your WordPress administration interface
Create a new post with Markdown, and check the “This post is formatted with Markdown” box.
Done! Now that post can be edited using Markdown, but will save as processed HTML on the backend.
Q. How do I use Markdown syntax?
A. Please refer to this resource: [http://michelf.com/projects/php-markdown/extra/](PHP Markdown Extra).
Q. What happens if I uncheck the Markdown box?
A. Your post will no longer be interpreted as Markdown, and you may have to alter the post to remove Markdown formatting.
Q. What happens if I decide I don’t want this plugin anymore?
A. Just deactivate it. The Markdown version is stored separately, so without the plugin, you’ll just revert to editing the HTML version.
- Play better with other plugins that also use PHP Markdown Extra
- Update PHP Markdown Extra to 1.2.6
- Keep track of which revisions were Markdown and which were not
- Restore old revisions properly, including Markdown status
- Fix a slashing bug that would prevent link titles from parsing
- Fix a bug related to autosave
- Use Dustin Curtis’ Markdown logo as a toggle
- Work on the WP-specific XML-RPC API in addition to the generic API
- Fix a
- XML-RPC support (use to enable Markdown mode)
- Disables the Visual Editor if the post being edited is in Markdown mode
- Fix a slashes bug which would cause link titles to fail
- Enable Markdown when posting remotely by using anywhere in post content
- Fix bug which made the metabox show up on the Dashboard
- Some extra nonce protection
- Enable the plugin for all content types, not just posts
- First public version
- Fixed a regex bug that could break current menu highlighting. props skarab