Site operators can create detailed, hierarchical documentation for the site’s authors, editors, and contributors, viewable in the WordPress admin. Powered by Custom Post Types, you get all the power of WordPress to create, edit, and arrange your documentation. Perfect for customized client sites. Never send another “here’s how to use your site” e-mail again!
NEW: You can now pull in help documents from another WP Help install, and they will be automatically updated when the source documents change (even additions and deletions!). Perfect for WordPress multisite installs, or consultants with a large number of client installs.
I’m not saying these things are definitely coming, but they’re the sort of things that are on my radar, in case you were wondering:
- Multiple sync sources
- Multiple sync groups (segment top level documents into “categories” and get a unique sync URL for each)
Latest version: Download WP Help v1.7.1 [zip]
This plugin has been downloaded times.
wp-helpfolder to your
Activate the “WP Help” plugin in your WordPress administration interface
Visit “Publishing Help” in the menu to get started (note that you can change the location and title of this menu item)
- Block Editor (Gutenberg) support
- Video display improvements
- Smaller build
- CSS improvements (props @mrwweb).
- Switch from CoffeeScript to ES6 and Babel.
- Responsive styles.
- Bump supported WordPress version.
- Make add/manage buttons use proper permissions.
- Update styles.
- Bump minimum WordPress version.
- Make permissions more filterable.
- Fix a PHP error on the dashboard.
- Updated to Mark’s 2016 plugin framework for easier maintenance.
- More complete French translation.
- Added a Hebrew translation.
- Make the
- Added Serbian, Turkish, and Japanese translations.
- Use a Dashicon for WordPress 3.8+.
- RTL CSS styles.
- New or updated translations for Gujarati, Norwegian, and Brazilian Portuguese.
- CSS fixes for WordPress 3.5.
- More robust AJAX saving when save events overlap.
- Feature: drag and drop reordering of the documents list.
- Feature: local /wp-admin/ links are rewritten when shared through the API so that they’re wp-admin-relative and thus work on the destination site.
- Improvement: more consistent cap checks, so plugins can consistently customize who can do what.
- Improvement: restore settings form to previous state when “cancel” is clicked.
- Bug fix: sort order is now synced.
- Feature: sync help documents from another WP Help install.
- Feature: rename the page title.
- Feature: rename the document list title.
- Feature: choose the location of the menu item (Dashboard submenu, or one of three top level positions).
- Feature: easier access to creation, editing, and management of documents.
- Feature: dashboard widget.
- Improvement: better UI for selecting the default document.
- Translation for: French. Squashes a PHP Notice. Add an action hook so people can add their own styles.
- Translations for: Bulgarian, German, Spanish, Mexican Spanish, Macedonian, Dutch, Brazilian Portuguese, and Russian.
- Initial version